Have you ever purchased from us before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
Manufacturer #: WP3363394 /
Manufactured by: Whirlpool /
Fix #: FIX11741239
Manufacturer #: WP3363394 |
Manufactured by: Whirlpool |
Fix #: FIX11741239
As the video showed me.
Were these instructions helpful?
Unplugged power chord,left water hoses attached and water on. Then I tilted washer back and placed wooden block under front of machine to support it for my repairs. Unsnapped the 2 clips holding pump to pump motor.Then used pliers to squeeze clamps to remove the 2 hoses. Reattached all to new water pump. Job completed.
I watched the videos before I ordered the part and when the order arrived I replaced the parts with no problems. The most time consuming part of the job was cleaning the washer. You will be surprised to find what will accumulate down there after years of service. The order came in in record time so this site gets an A+ for being fast and accurate. No back-orders either. I will surely use for any-other parts I need in the future.
The installation video was sensational and invaluable. I watched it all the way through and then took it step by step as I repaired the machine. I ordered the water pump and the gasket at the same time, not knowing which part would solve the problem. The water pump was the easiest to replace so I replaced that, put the machine back together--only to discover that the leak prevailed. I disassembled the machine again to replace the gasket. I cued up the video and follwed every step. I didn't have a spanner wrench so I had to wait for it to arrive. No hardware store or bib-box store carries this wrench. The hardest part of the whole job was removing that nut from the agitator. The spanner wrench fit perfectly but despite a lot of pounding combined with a lot of lubricant and dissolvant, it wouldn't budge. After 20 years, that nut was really on there. I went to an automotive store and asked for their best-performing lubricant. They recommended PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst over any of the others, and wow, were they right! I lined the tub with paper towels for protection, sprayed a lot of PB Blaster on the nut, came back in 15 minutes and that nut came right off. It was unbelievable, and I was ecstatic. From there I relied on the video, took my time, cleaned the tub and everything else (which was filthy with tons of pet hair caked on!) put it all back together, hoped for the best, ran a load and was absolutely thrilled that there was no leaking! A really good project and a lot of money saved. I could never have done it and would not have attempted it without that superb installation video.
Followed all instructions but when it came.time to remove the pump it wouldn't come off as easy as the video, which I that was due to the rust. Once it was pried off i cleaned it good and found it would not slide on as easy either, I had to use a block of wood and a hammer to litely tap it onto the shaft so I should not crack the plastic housing. It took 4 hours to replace this item, 2 to get off priying it, 2 litely tapping it on..
The most difficult portion of the repair was ascertaining the origin of the leak, as the mechanism is only accessible from underneath the machine. This required blocking the washer off of the floor with enough clearance to observe the leak while filling the machine.with water during the cycle. Once the replacement pump arrived it was a matter of laying the machine on its back side so the replacement pump could be installed. The pump was held in place with two spring clips, which were disengaged by hand. The extended motor shaft had flats for driving the pump and engaged in a similar socket in the pump impeller. Rust accumulation on the motor shaft in this joint caused some moderate problems in releasing the pump. There were also two hoses attached to the pump. The suction line from the bottom of the tub and the discharge to the back of the washer cabinet. Both were held with spring clamps. The clamps were compressed with the use of a curved pair of slip joint pliers and pulled from the pump tubes without disconnecting the other ends. I sanded the rusted motor shaft with strip emery cloth and applied some anti-seize prior to installing the new pump. With the new pump secured against the motor bearing cap I replaced the two spring clips, and installed the hoses and hose clamps to the new pump. The machine was returned to the upright position, supply water reconnected, electric plugged back in, and the machine was test cycled. It was a success and ran without leakage. The parts were delivered promptly, the repair was relatively simple, and the parts exploded diagram was accurate in identifying the appropriate part.
Unplug cord water hoses leaned washer on it's back,took off water hoses on pump, removed clip, pryed up pump, put new one on, pick up washer connected water hoses and cord really easy.
popped the 2 clips off, took the 2 hoses off then worked the old pump off, just wriggle it a little because the shaft was rusty. Use sandpaper to clean off the shaft an sprayed with wd40. Put the new pump on reattached the hoses put clips back on. Easiest job ever done. Got my part in 3 days. Tried to buy local and they never called me back. Buying from you guys from now on. Thanks
Tipped the machine on its side , undo the two hose clamps and two pump clips, then pull pump off motor drive. assemble reverse. very easy .. surprised at simplicity of such an expensive machime
Watched video Very easy install
Building your dream green home doesn't have to be difficult. Lear…