Have you ever purchased from us before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
Manufacturer #: WB21X22134 /
Manufactured by: GE /
Fix #: FIX10059162
Manufacturer #: WB21X22134 |
Manufactured by: GE |
Fix #: FIX10059162
I was lucky to stumble on this website. There seemed to be many with the same problem. I ordered the part and hoped for the best. It arrived and I installed just as others had described. First, I unplugged the range. Removed the back cover (a central panel) with 4 screws. Familiarized myself with the plug-in thermal sensor. Went around front and loosened the single set screw for the probe (near the top of oven). Threaded the bad element out and rethreaded the new element from the front. In back, reinstall the plastic plug-in connector. Tightened set screw in the oven, plugged it in and tested. It worked! Put the back on and it was done. It took 31 minutes. Actually took longer to clean behind the stave than the repair. Thanks to all for advice.
Were these instructions helpful?
I attempted to replace the temperature sensor but in removing it I noticed both broil and bake elements damaged on the undersides. Replaced all and the stove is working better than new.
This is the second time I used your service , ie washer, timer, this time was my oven.. For 12$ I fix my oven in 15 minutes, I'll never call a service company that charges 75 to 125 per hour, 75 if they just come in your house.. I fixed it in 15 minutes.. I'm sold on your cost and your tech service, I'm no mr fix it but this was so easy three bolts and plug in the new thermostat works like new GE
Removed the 6-8 hex head screws holding the back panel of the range on. Located the sensor plug, unplugged the sensor wire that goes through the insulation into the lower oven. Inside the lower oven cavity, removed 2 hex screws holding the sensor unit on. Removed old sensor unit. Did reverse to install the new one. Only slight issue was needing to get the plug end through the insulation on the back of the range but really no big deal.
The repair was effortless. I just removed the screw with a nut driver, then pulled out the old part with needle nose pliers, unplugged the old part and plugged in the new part. I then put the one screw back in, and the job was done! The whole job took 10 - 15 minutes. Oven is now back in working order. If i had to do the job again it could be done in 5 minutes.
Unplug oven, take off back center plate removing 5-6 hexagon screws with socket set. Disconnect wire of thermostat. Open door of oven look up near upper heating element, one hex screw holding thermostat in place, remove and pull through hole.Install new thermostat, in reverse order of steps.
This repair was very easy. It didn't turn out to be the problem but I thought I would try this route first since it was such a cheap part. In any case, I took the five screws off of the back and unscrewed the screw holding in the old part from the inside of the stove. It was simply an act of un-clipping the old part, pulling it out, and re-clipping the new one. Then simply screw everything back in place. I didn't take long at all.
REPLACED THERMOSTAT (SENSOR ASSEMBLY). PULL STOVE AWAY FROM WALL, UNPLUG AC/ TURN OFF GAS SHUTOFF VALVE. IF FURNACE HAS LONG GAS LINE, CAREFULLY PULL FOR WORK SPACE. WITH NUT DRIVER, LOOSEN 1/4 NUT BACK OF STOVE TO REMOVE CENTER COVER, AND LOOSEN 2 , 1/4 NUT SENSOR ASSEMBLY INSIDE TOP RIGHT OVEN. REPLACE AND PLUG BACK COMPONENT.
Simply unplugged oven, unscrewed part from inside, removed backing of oven, unclipped old wire, removed part from oven, pushed new wires through, attached new part, connected wires in back, wahlah!
Removed old sensor screwed in new sensor, plugged sensor in and tested. Works great.
ADHD is a disorder that can be plagued with negative stigmas, but…