Have you ever purchased from us before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
Manufacturer #: 8194001 /
Manufactured by: Whirlpool /
Fix #: FIX972325
Manufacturer #: 8194001 |
Manufactured by: Whirlpool |
Fix #: FIX972325
Looked at video and followed instructions. Be sure to set the link assembly at correct angle - follow what you see in video. The assembly should be straight up & down, not at an angle. Setting at angle causes too much tension on the nylon cord (cable) and makes the door hard to open and keeping in one position.
Were these instructions helpful?
By the time the door balance link kit arrived, I had fashioned a "home-made DIY" from strong nylon cord with strong "S" hooks by "trial and error" adjusting the length of the cord and by attaching each end of the cord to the "S" hooks with two half hitches. All cost less than $2. When the $23 Door Balance Link Kit arrived, I stuck it under the dishwasher to use "next time."
Took bottom cover plate off. Shut water off Took water supply line off and pulled dishwasher halfway out. Took old ropes off and unbolted pulley sets on both sides. Bolted both pulley sets on and put rope end on spring and pulled on other end over pulleys and hooked on frame. Very easy job.
Remove dishwasher from cabinet by removing two retaining screws. Remove and replace broken links. Reinsert dishwasher into cabinet ... use care to not damage cabinet to door seal.
Had to disconnect the water first, removed the 2 screws that attached the dishwasher to the countertop, then pulled out from cabinet. replaced the cord with the new one. Push the dishwasher back in place, reattached the water and the 2 screw. Took me about 1/2 hour.
Replaced the door balance links and door balance springs by following directions from the PartSelect videos. Didn't know which thing was the problem until we pulled the dishwasher out, so we ordered both parts. Good thing--the door balance link cable was broken and spring no where to be found. There was enough play in the plumbing and wires that we did not have to unhook either to pull the dishwasher out.
bought a repair kit with hinges and rope replacements for both sides. Replaced both door control ropes
removed kick plate at bottom with two 1/4 nut screws, opened door removed to phillip head securing screw at top just inside door. pulled unit out from under counter approx. 1 foot being careful I did not mess up water hose and exit water hose. Took off old balance wheel mount on impacted side and replaced, using 7/16 nut drive. Back spring was loose, I used long needle nose pliers to rehook the spring, keeping tension on the newly hooked up balance link sting. Ran string under bottom wheel of balance mount, towards front of door, and then over top towards back, and then around top wheel mount hooking it to frame. Moved until back under counter, reinstalled kick plate and top securing screws. Very simple process once you have viewed the video.
The Door Balance Link Kit solved problem of broken cord, which was included in kit. Installation was easy, only needed a nut driver. My main problem was original installation had back wheels and front supports resting on relatively small 1" blocks, making reinstallation difficult. Solution was to place a 1" x 2 1/2" x 21" strips on each side to allow wheels to roll back into position. Made 6" long ramps for each side to facilitate wheels rolling up onto 1" strip. Ramps were removed and stored under machine for future use.
Turn circuit breaker off. I didn't turn off water. Remove lower metal covers. First, remove plastic hole covers for screws located upper door/one each side. Use magnetized screw driver/screw driver bit for power drill, to remove these screws since they are inside the door and can drop when removing them. Screws help secure unit. Loosen plastic feet after removing screws. Pull unit out enough (watch lower water hoses) to view the kit that is secured to door brackets. On left side, the cable was off the pulley due to pulley with apparently worn nipple had popped out of hole (popping sound when occurred) in door bracket. Repair parts kit didn't have these nipples so couldn't use them unless did jury rig. Since original kit not broken, simply worn, did jury rig by using nut and bolt with washers in predrilled hole to secure this pulley to the bracket. Not easy since can't see when tighten the nut inside door bracket. Returned cable and not easy since rear spring is strong. Door pulley worked. Pushed unit back under counter; raised nylon feet and used level while raising unit to see screw holes in door and put screws back in and plastic covers; checked door closing; circuit breaker; ran the unit to check for leaks. Replaced lower cover. Kept repair kit since if need later, can do same nut and bolt jury rig.
One-third of the produce grown globally is wasted due to throwing…