Have you ever purchased from us before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
Manufacturer #: WB27X10388 /
Manufactured by: GE /
Fix #: FIX239525
Manufacturer #: WB27X10388 |
Manufactured by: GE |
Fix #: FIX239525
This microwave is positioned above the stove and under a cabinet. The fuse can be replaced by leaving the microwave intact. First, unplug the unit. Use a phillips screwdriver to remove the outer exhaust vent cover. On the right (next to the clock) remove a 2nd metal cover (about 2" x 4"). Use a flashlight and look into this cavity right behind the clock. You will see the fuse. Reaching the fuse presents a problem as most hands are too large. However, I was able to remove the old fuse and insert a new one with a pliers. Be careful in 2 respects. First, make a foil tray and place it below the fuse. In case you drop the fuse, you can catch it. Second, grip the fuse firmly, but not hard so as to avoid breakage. Replace the metal cover and the vent cover and plug in the unit. BINGO, it works!
Were these instructions helpful?
Opened the microwave door & removed 2 screws from the plastic panel. Removed one more screw to be able to see the fuse. Removed the fuse & inserted the new fuse using needle pliers. Pushed the fuse down to be sure it was inserted. Once the microwave was put back together it displayed "demo" mode and we used the trouble shooting instructions to get it working again. A repairman had said it would cost $623 for a new key pad. A new microwave was less expensive than a repair.
opened the cabinet, tested the multiple switches for continuity...seemed OK.....the unit would run, but when the magnetron engaged - no heat...one of the fins on the magnetron had broken loose from its assembly....I first replaced the magnetron & still no heat.....I then replaced the capacitor & diode...and success..works fine.I purchase new sheet metal screws at bigbox to resecure the cabinet...the odd heads on the original ones wallowed out, even with the proper driver
Easy, but other problems. Thanks
Microwave still does not cook...have no way of troubleshooting any additional parts...no manual...probably replace...seems to operate however it does not warm the contents...thanks for a submittal link
Purchased fuse, replaced fuse, closed oven grill: back in full function! Your company is the BEST selling parts I need in addition to excellent, easy-to-follow install instructions. I am a single mom and I can repair anything as long as your company is around! Saved sooooo much money doing it myself.
I wish I could tell you that once I installed the new fuse that there was no problem with it working. However, once I installed the fuse I was able to set the clock but when I pressed defrost button on the keypad, it stopped working again. I assume that the fuse blew because I tried to set the clock again but nothing happened. After reading comments online I believe that the keypad kept shorting out the fuse. I had to purchase another microwave oven. UGH!
I loosened the mounting screws in the cabinet just enough to where I could access the two screws on the microwave top vent. I removed the two screws and slid the vent cover off. I removed one screw from the small grill which gave me access to the fuse. Being careful of the wires I used needle nose pliers to reach and remove the old fuse, then install the new one. I reattached the grill with one screw and then the vent cover with two screws. Finally I lifted the microwave back into position to make it easier to tighten the cabinet mounting screws. Unfortunately upon testing the microwave there was a furious growling and after 5 seconds the new fuse popped...fried magnetron. Considering the advanced age of the unit and the cost of a magnetron, I decided to purchase a new microwave (always thoroughly read the installation instructions as there are actions needed to prepare it depending on venting or recirculating. Also the cabinet screw holes WILL NOT match and you will need to use the template to drill new holes).
I had to pull the unit from the wall by removing all of the mounting screws. Also removed the front panel of the unit to expose all of the parts. That was the longest part of the repair. The rest; replacing part by part was easy. The only thing that held up the progress was the polarity of the thermostat. I either guessed right, or it didn't matter. Once all of the parts were replaced, I powered up the unit, put a glass of water in the microwave to make sure it worked. Then I reinstalled the unit in its original spot and replaced all of the mounting screws, front key panel. It was a good hour in total, most of that removing and reinstalling the unit above the stove.
A post-workout recovery plan to help you get the most out of your…