Have you ever purchased from us before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
Part Number WE1M1067 replaces: 2677745, AP5668531, WE01M0316, WE1M1067, WE1M316, WE1M481, WE1M507.
Sold individually. There are 2 per dryer. They attach to the outer-most sides of the bearing. Manufacture recommends to replace both slides at the same time.
This part works with the following brands: General Electric, Hotpoint, Kenmore.
This part works with the following products: Dryer, Washer Dryer Combo.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
Noisy, Marks left on clothes, Will not tumble, Takes too long to dry, No heat or not enough heat, Will not start.
Fix Part Number: FIX6447706
Manufacturer Part Number: WE1M1067
Manufactured by: GE
Others with the same problem of dark marks on clothing suggested replacing the white and the grey drum slides that slip into the front drum bearing unit. When I open up the dryer, I did find that both the white and grey drum slides on one side of the front drum bearing piece had completely worn away, and some of the drum bearing piece was also worn away. I had decided in advance to order both white slides, both grey slides, a new felt seal, and the front drum bearing piece. Possibly I could have reused the old front drum bearing, but the replacement was cheap enough. Three bits of advice: 1) if you replace the felt seal, make sure you get it tucked behind the clips on the door panel; 2) if you replace the front drum bearing piece, once you have the dryer put back together, reach up and pull the plastic drum bearing toward you to be sure it is fully snapped into place; 3) after you replace the slides or felt, the drum will make mild rubbing noises as it turns, so run the dryer with no heat for about 30 minutes to seat the parts.
Were these instructions helpful?
I looked at the video on this site for replacing that part. If you watch the video you will have no proplem. It took me 20 mins to do the repair, may have been quicker if my hands would have been smaller to connect the wires back in the front panel.
I watched your video first. Pulled out two screws and removed the top, took one screw out on the left and right side so the front of the dryer could be removed. I then pulled the old Drum bearing out, installed the drum bearing slides in the new drum bearing then put it back together the way I took it apart. No problem!! Saved me a bunch of money and my dryer is repaired. Thanks!!
Followed video instructions. Piece of cake. Thank you!
T he crack was noticed by the clickimng noise as it traveled over the bearings and by the pieces of felt in the lint filter.My first repair was a few weeks ago, before I noticed the drum was cracked. I replaced the front drum bearings and felt seal. The problem continued and I again removed the dryer front to try and find the source of the clicking noise. By slowly rotated the drum and used my finder tips I found the drum crack. The drum was easily replaced from the front of the drier. Nothing else to remove except the belt. Just pull the drum straight out. It was a tight fit to slide it out between the two side panels and I found that it helped to spread the side panels slightly apart while pulling the drum out. My wife helped. Slip the new one in, replace the belt, and reinstall the dryer front.
Remove the front panel and replaced the front support and slides.
Repair was easy for this housewife! I had no problems, took off top panel, then removed face panel. Slides and felts were easy to find and replace. Seriously took less than 25 minutes total. Videos helped also! Dryer fixed, even better!!!
Kit labeled Genuine GE and the brackets and bearing were fine - better bearing material than original. Problem was the bracket mounting holes were punched and designed for "self-tapping" screws. Not what was supplied. Supplied screws had no tapered thread at tip and no chip-cutting relief to do the cutting. Impossible to properly start the screws in the punched holes. Luckily, I saved the 19 yr old screws which were proper "self-tapping" design. Chucked bracket in vise - precut threads and then installed in drum. Otherwise easy repair and wife's happy with her dryer again.
Lifted the top of dryer off, screws were already removed diagnosing the problem. Removed two screws holding front panel on. Snapped the worn front drum bearing out of its place. Transfered the glides, I ordered extra, from the old piece to the new one. Snapped the new drum bearing in place, slightly lifting the dryer drum to rest on the new front drum bearing. Then I attached the front dryer panel with the two screws. Finally put the top of the dryer back in its place with two screws to hold it in place. Finished with a test run of dryer. No squealing, so i put in a load of clothes to be dryed.
Followed the video instructions provided by this site No confusing, hard to decipher diagrams or written instructions. The whole process took 30 minutes half of which was cleaning out 5 years of accumulated lint.
This guide will help you identify the warning signs of declining …