Sorry, this part is No Longer Available at Fix.com, which means:
- The part is no longer sold by the manufacturer.
- The manufacturer does not stock any substitute parts to replace this one and therefore, unfortunately, we cannot obtain or recommend a substitution for this part.
- We cannot obtain the part through any other means.
Our call center and online agents are, unfortunately, unable to help you locate this part, but you may still be able to find the part elsewhere. We recommend:
- Typing your part number into a search engine and checking to see whether another company might stock it.
- Searching online stores like eBay for your part number.
- Visiting a local appliance store or parts dealer to see if they have this part in stock.
- Contacting a local technician, who may be able to repair your existing part or replace it with their own solution.
- Contacting the manufacturer of your appliance directly to check for their recommendations.
This is an OEM part sourced directly from the manufacturer. This rocker switch is used a number of appliances, most often it is used in ranges, dishwashers, range hoods, wall ovens, and cooktops. He uses vary depending on appliance, but some common uses are to turn on oven lights and downdraft fans. In the case of ranges, and wall ovens it fits in the control panel and allowed you to turn the oven light on an off. Due to the mechanical nature and the fact this part is made out of plastic it may wear down over time, at which point it will need to be replaced. To replace this switch you first need to remove the control panel, you will then pull the connector off the back of the switch, make sure you attention to which is the top and which is the bottom, this will make installing the new switch easier. After the connector had been removed you can then push the old plastic rocker switch out of the hole, and pop the new switch into place. Then reconnect the wires, and reassemble the control panel. Before starting this repair make sure your appliance had been unplugged.