Have you ever purchased from us before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
Manufacturer #: WD8X228 /
Manufactured by: GE /
Fix #: FIX263964
Manufacturer #: WD8X228 |
Manufactured by: GE |
Fix #: FIX263964
remove worn baffles. replace with new. no more leaks. be sure to clean area of any residue before installing new baffles.
Were these instructions helpful?
my 15 year old dishwasher still runs great but suddenly started leaking a bit. After inspecting the gasket I determined it was pretty worn so I removed the 6 or 8 Phillips head screws and separated the door. In addition to the worn gasket the little plastic corners feet in the bottom of the door seat seemed worn. Additionally, I was getting chunks of what looked like black plastic appearing from time-to-time. Once I had the door apart it was apparent that the "plastic" was pieces of the noise dampening stuff that's taped on the plastic door. Over the years it looked like that had melted and slid down the door. So I ordered all of those pieces - it came to something around $30 for all of the pieces. So putting it all back together was not a challenge - I cleaned up everything well including using a paper towel covered tooth pick where the gasket goes, put the gasket in, the little middle piece of the gasket, the black feet in the bottoms of the door, removed all of the melted noise damper and placed the new one on then put the door back together and refastened the 8 screws. We loaded up the dishwasher and started the cycle. I was very disappointed to see that the thing still leaked! Then, my wife said, "ever since we got that new soap it's been leaking". When I looked at the little soap balls carefully I realized it was laundry detergent and not dishwashing soap! No doubt that my dishwasher is much better off after the changes BUT, before you start ordering and disassembling, check the soap to ensure it's actually dishwasher soap ... laundry detergent bubbles will leak!
Remove the bottom rack. Put a block under the front edge of the opened door to keep the pressure off the hinges as I worked. I removed the two screws holding the cover inlet (506) and removed the cover sump (509) and the filter sump (508). I took a screwdriver to pry up the washers that secured the large screen just below the heating element. I removed the standing water with a wet vacuum and cleaned the sump and inlet parts. Removed the right screw that held the supt calrod (112). Removed the two screws that held the filter frame (543) and unscrewed the piston and nut assembly (564) which was completed deteriorated. Installed the new piston and nut and replaced all the pieces removed earlier. Removed the corner tub baffles (26) and replaced with new ones. I did not use the valve body gasket. The dishwasher is working perfectly after multiple uses.
Install new parts during One minute by my hands
Just pop out old baffle and pop in the new. No tools are needed. Extremely easy installation.
It was simple. Just pulled old part out by hand ,and pushed new one in with my finger just as shone on your vidio
This is a no-brainer. Pick out the old baffles (located at the bottom corner of the diswasher where the door meets the body of the washer) with your fingers and push the new baffles in place. Mine came right out. If stuck, you may need something to loosen or some pliers to grab hold of the rubber. Mine were so old they just fell out when I pulled at them. Make sure you clean up all the pieces so they don't go through the washer.
The door has been broken for several years. The only time it stayed closed was in the locked position otherwise it would flop open. Not realizing how simple this repair was, I had been saving money to replace the dishwasher thinking because of it's age there wouldn't be replacement parts.. Surfing on Youtube I came across a video on how to repair the broken cable hinge. The BEST part is... there was a link directly to your site to order the parts. After placing the order all I had to do was wait 3 days for delivery. So far I was really impressed with how easy the whole process was going. Once my parts arrived, I unscrewed the kick plates and unscrewed the two screws hold the dishwasher to the counter. I only had to pull the dishwasher out a little bit to get access the little cable holders on each side of the door. I hooked each part to either side of the door, held them under the rollers and hooked them together. Checked the door to make sure it wouldn't flop open, pushed the dishwasher back in place and screwed everything back together and was finished. Total repair time was 15 mins tops. Also when I placed my order, my email confirmation also had video instructions on how to make the repair. You definitely have a returning customer and I will be telling others about your site. Thank you
Researched the internet and found parts supplier who had the replacement parts suggested and how to videos. Only difficulty was the old piston & nut assembly which was "frozen tight in place". Had to muscle it out. Rest of repair couldn't have been much easier. Once old parts were replaced, dishes seem to be coming out better. For now this beat spending $$ for a new dishwasher.
Removed the old baffles with a butter knife. Cleaned those corners out really good with soap and water and dried it really well. Just pressed the new baffles in the corners and whala! No leaks!
Office jobs that require you to sit for 8 or more hours a day can…